The Globe’s database contains information on the convictions of thousands of Air Force officers convicted of major crimes.
The database includes information on Air Force and Marine Corps personnel convicted of murder, rape, robbery, armed robbery, forcible rape, child molestation, kidnapping, burglary, arson and aggravated assault.
The list also includes information about Air Force personnel convicted on a variety of drug charges.
The Globe is the only Canadian newspaper to have access to the database.
In its announcement Tuesday, the Air Force said it will provide the database to the public once a year starting this month.
The Air Force says it’s committed to transparency.
The database is part of a broader initiative by the Air Service Academy, the largest civilian school in the world, to provide more details about its graduates. “
We are pleased to partner with the Globe and the Globe staff to provide this valuable resource to the community.”
The database is part of a broader initiative by the Air Service Academy, the largest civilian school in the world, to provide more details about its graduates.
The academy has released more than 400,000 pages of information about its cadets in the past two years, according to a Globe investigation last year.
The release of the database will help the academy make better decisions about how to use the information it has on its cadet members, the academy said in a news release Tuesday.
The information includes the names, titles, rank and number of airmen serving in the academy.
It also includes details about the cadets’ criminal histories.
The airman has to be a member of the academy’s special operations group or its cadre special operations branch, according a news Release.
The website for the database has been updated since its initial announcement.
The public has the option to review the data, which will be accessible through the website until the database’s release, the release said.
It’s unclear when the database information will be made available to the general public.
The department said it does not have an update on the number of convictions.
In an email to The Globe, the department said the information is already available on its website.
“However, it’s also available on the database website and it is not yet public,” it said.
“This means that when the website updates, the public may be able to see it.”
The department has been under pressure from members of Congress, including Rep. John Conyers Jr., D-Mich., who has pushed for more information on airman convictions.
“A lot of these individuals are being held accountable and have been for the last five years,” Conyers said Tuesday.
“That information is critical.”
A spokesperson for the Air Combat Command, which oversees the air force, said the database is not part of its operational planning but is being used for training purposes.
“Our mission is to ensure the safety of our service members and our country,” said Capt. Jeff Davis, an Air Combat Center spokesman.
“To date, there have been no allegations that this information has been used for political purposes.”
Davis said the Air Services Command has not had any requests for this information and that it is “working to ensure that the information in the database and the data itself are used to inform our operations and decision-making.”
The Air Combat Wing is the Air Forces branch that operates the B-1 bomber and B-52 bomber, both of which were originally designed to carry nuclear weapons.
The B-2 bomber is the primary bomber for U.S. and allied forces in Afghanistan.